Solicitor and Advocate
Arun graduated with a LLM in Maritime Law from University College London in 2010 and is a Solicitor in England and Wales. He is also an Advocate in India.
Arun specialises in advocacy and advisory work in a wide range of shipping, corporate and general commercial law disputes. His main areas of work includes: Shipping contentious and non-contentious (including advising on shipbuilding and ship sale) cases, general commercial litigation and arbitration, media law and corporate law.
Arun has acted in several international arbitrations under the rules of International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), UNCITRAL rules, Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC), London Maritime Arbitration Association (LMAA), Singapore Chamber of Maritime Arbitration (SCMA) and other arbitration bodies.
Arun has represented several clients in ship sale and purchase and has travelled around the world for the closing of sale and purchase. He is also known for structuring complex ship sale and purchase deals.
Arun is reputed for his first-hand knowledge about the Asian market and for having a wide network of legal professionals and business personnel from different industries.
Arun was successfully running a virtual law firm before joining Marsans.
Acted in International Arbitrations under the rules of International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), UNCITRAL, Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC), London Maritime Arbitration Association (LMAA), Singapore Chamber of Maritime Arbitration (SCMA) and other arbitration bodies.
- Acted in contentious work including vessel collisions (statement taking from Master and the Crew), wet and dry cargo claims, crew and wages disputes, marine insurance, charter party disputes, ship sale and purchase disputes, ship management disputes, bunker disputes, ship repair claims and shipbuilding claims.
- Assisted clients with non-contentious work related to the maritime industry including drafting and reviewing ship sale and purchase agreements, ship building contracts, charter parties and joint venture agreements and negotiated various agreements on behalf of clients.
International Trade Law
- Acted in commodities disputes including claims involving quantity and quality of goods, and non-delivery and damage of goods in transit.
- Assisted clients in drafting and reviewing various sale and purchase agreements for international sale of goods and international trade.
- Drafting and reviewing various contracts between artists and concert organisers.
- Reviewing terms and conditions of websites and other incidental agreements.
- Conducting due-diligence on companies.
- Drafting and reviewing documents and agreements related to mergers, joint ventures and share sale and purchase, share transfers, shareholders agreements and share subscription agreements etc.
LLM (Maritime Law) – University College London
B.A.B.L (Hons) – School of Excellence in Law, The Tamil Nadu Dr Ambedkar Law University, Chennai, India
Tamil, English and Spanish
Football, Debating, Arts.